The Lawrence Art Guild and Lawrence Creates are partnering to launch the Lawrence Community Workshop (LCW), which will include an art gallery, workshops, tools, and training for artists, inventors, makers, hobbyists, and other creative people.
To make this happen, we need your help.
We need tools and supplies for the LCW, and art for the “Lawrence Art Swap” silent auction that will be held on Final Friday, November 30 at the Lawrence Art Party. Questions:
• Would you like to have more tax deductions for the 2012 tax year?
• Do you have art in your closet that you love, but don’t have a place to display?
• Do you have tools or supplies in your basement or garage that you don’t use?
• Can you help by contributing other resources – cash or stock?
• Can you sponsor an LCW scholarship for a member of the community?
Please review our priority tool list, and consider how you could help the Lawrence Art Guild and Lawrence Community Workshop assist area artists and other creative people. If you have a tool not on the list that you think we should have, let us know!
Lawrence Community Workshop Tool Priorities
- 3D design software, scanner and printer
- Abode Photoshop and AfterEffects Animation software
- Art supplies (for our Recycled Art Supply Store)
- Band saw
- Belt/disc sander
- Black and white laser and ink jet printers
- Box and pan brake,
- CNC mill and router
- Color printer, large scale
- Compressor and air tools
- Computers and monitors
- Digital camera
- Digital projector and
- Disk sander
- Drill press
- Dust collection system
- Embroidery machine, computer controlled
- Felting machine
- Flat Bed Scanner, Large
- Hand held circular saw
- Hardware and supplies
- Intaglio printer
- laser engraver and cutter
- Mat cutter, professional
- Metal saw
- Microsoft Office
- MIG welder
- Milling machine
- Miter saw, compound
- Mortising machine
- Parts bins
- Planer, stationary and hand held
- Plasma cutter, hand held
- Portrait studio w/lighting
- Power hand tools
- Power supply, DC
- Quilting machine
- Sand blasting cabinet
- Sand box on Second Life
- Screen printer
- Scroll saw
- Sewing machine
- Shears, large table surface, fabric glues, ironing surfaces, felt designing walls, large cutting tables, cutting mats and rotary cutters.
- Silkscreen making equipment/Screen printing press
- Small kiln for jewelry making
- Software for presentations and interactions with clients
- Soldering irons, stained glass
- Spot welder
- Spray booth with ventilation fan
- Storage lockers
- Table saw, cabinet style
- Vacuum forming table
- Vending machine for basic consumables, e.g., gloves, glue, blades
- Vintage BigKick Metal Embossing Machine
- Welding table
- White boards
- Wood router
- Work tables
If you can help, please call or email either of us. Our contact info is below.
Lawrence Art Guild
Thank you, Amanda Monaghan and Eric Kirkendall